Re: Get a new car

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Get a new car
From: "iain (i.) woolf" <iainw@bnr.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 10:30:00 +0000
> Dear Ian,
>
> This is news to me.  I had thought we were more like our english
> cousins than that.  A few questions/comments:
>
> 1) I assume you mean 180 degrees in the horizontal plane; 180 degrees
> in the frontal plane would be too gruesome to contemplate.

uh? Ouch.

Anyway, lets just say you should call a "Fanny Pack" (US term) a "Bum
Bag" whether you where it at the front or the back!

> 2) I have never been to England, myself.  Are their toilets radically
> different from ours, or do they use similar facilities in a different
> way?

I really have no idea what the inside of the ladies room looks like.
Good try.

(Actually when I was in Canada I found the toilets to be closer to the
ground and the doors to be not tall enough - quite a feeling of
exposure, but I digress.)

> 3) I suppose it is indelicate to ask, but are other portions of the
> english anatomy shifted around as well, or is everything all sort of
> crowded together?

Although I have heard theories (mostly from women) about where men's
brains are actually housed, I don't believe this is specific to Englad :)

> 4) Is this in any way related to the british determination to drive on
> the left?

No, that's just coz its the correct side of the road to drive on.
[duck!]. Apparently Ireland looked into the possibility of switching
to driving on the right and had a trial period of three months where
just half the traffic (trucks and buses) drove on the right, but it
didn't work so they went back to driving on the left.

> Ray Gibbons

Iain.