Re: Get a new car

To: tdm@akguc.att.com
Subject: Re: Get a new car
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 14:41:22 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 16 Feb 1994 tdm@akguc.att.com wrote:

> Having lived in Englind for a year, allow me to tactfully
> and in a sensitive manner translate.  The "fanny", if I remember
> correctly is 180 degrees away from the American fanny.

Dear Ian,

This is news to me.  I had thought we were more like our english
cousins than that.  A few questions/comments:

1) I assume you mean 180 degrees in the horizontal plane; 180 degrees
in the frontal plane would be too gruesome to contemplate.

2) I have never been to England, myself.  Are their toilets radically
different from ours, or do they use similar facilities in a different way?

3) I suppose it is indelicate to ask, but are other portions of the
english anatomy shifted around as well, or is everything all sort of
crowded together?

4) Is this in any way related to the british determination to drive on the
left?

Ray Gibbons