Re: Get a new car

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu, triumph@io.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Get a new car
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 12:47:21 -0800
In message <Pine.3.05.9402151353.C11301-b100000@northpole.med.uvm.edu> "W. Ray
Gibbons" writes:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 1994, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
>

> > Hmm Maybe I should start collecting big Healey parts
> >

> That reminds me, TeriAnn.  Whatever happened to the $600 big Healey that
> you were searching for in the area where earthquakes had scrambled the
> addresses?
>
> Maybe the ad was put up as a practical joke to plague the neighbors--sort
> of the british car buff's equivalent of ordering a dozen pizzas delivered
> to someone.
>
> Speaking of not being nice to others, it is not kind for California types
> to talk about the misty mornings and driving roadsters to work.  I went to
> my rented garage recently, shoveled out the door, and spread moth balls to
> ward away mousies.  As I did it, I wondered whether the mothballs would
> actually give off any fumes at -12F.  Oh well, no mousies are gonna try
> and move at -12F anyhow.  I walked around my bugeye.  I didn't dare sit in
> it, though; at these temperatures the upholstery is brittle.
>
> Ray Gibbons
>
> P.S.  When the "big one" makes CA fall into the sea, it would be a
> terrible shame to lose huge numbers of rust-free lbc's.  For sizable fees,
> I will house and periodically exercise suitable prime lbc's here in the
> east, saving them from certain destruction.  I might even take on the odd
> Ferrari or Lambo.

Ray, Sorry but I was just outside.  I think its about mid-sixties with high
overcast.  I have not yet had time to go back to try to locate the errent
address of the mythilogical big Healey.  Roland thinks I need to spend more time
on the TR3 instead of galavanting about in the still working cars.

Now for some additional bad news (for you at least).  The land movement is north
& south.  So the part of California on the west side of the San Andrais will not
detach itself & plop into the briney deep.  Its just going south.  One of these
days, maybe a couple of hundred million years from know, San Francisco and LA
will be side by side neighbors.  If you think they are squabling now, just wait
until then!

I would like to help you out with your frozen Bug eye, but while trying on
Daren's bugeye I have discovered that my legs are just too long for the car.

I just have to find a big Healey as a solution for the small Healey impaired.

Take care, maybe the mice are hibernating,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561