...(shop lights)

To: triumph@io.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ...(shop lights)
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 15:07:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
>On another topic - Lee Daniels and garage lights - be aware that in very
>cold weather those lights may not be very happy.

Yeah, that was a problem with fluorescent lights when I lived in Iowa.
Here in South Central Texas we had a "cold" day the other day... it got
below 40F!  The lights did fine.  ;-)

>Also, be sure to use
>good covers on the lights and on the cars. I had a friend call me once
>about "black goo on the hood". Right on ! The ballast on the lights let
>go and leaked crap all over this LBC! Be ware !

Hmm, thanks, I didn't know about this.  But I didn't put any directly above
the cars; just on the sides and along the middle of the garage.  Works
great.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726