Re: spridget hubs and bearings

To: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Subject: Re: spridget hubs and bearings
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 12:52:22 PST
I followed a couple of leads and got my bearings (and some other brake
bits) from Winner's Circle, though as Phil (and others, in private
mail) pointed out, they are just the later tapered roller bearings.
This is how we learn.

Interestingly, the guy at WC said that some racers put the distance
piece back in with a couple of shims and torque in a bunch of bearing
preload to help keep the stub axles from breaking...

We've been cleaning brake parts, and it's getting old - but we're
almost done. Need new rotors still, but I'm going to try the generic
import parts house for those. I'm looking forward to having decent
brakes and bearings on the Minor!