Sunbeam brakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam brakes
From: louis@nil.cs.utah.edu
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 10:22:58 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to all who responded,

I would like to thank everybody who sent me information/advice/help
concerning my brakes.  I have removed the rear wheel cylinders and
while I didn't find an obvious leak the piston in one of them does not
seem to fit as tightly as it should. I'm going to replace them since
they are relatively cheap and besides, I can't get one of the brake
nipples out.

To all those that suggested the possibility of a leak in the power
booster, I'll check this weekend and report my findings next week.
I've looked through my files and found that the master cylinder was
rebuilt about 4-5 years ago and I bought a new booster unit at about
the same time.  I would be sad to find that booster or the master are
not up to scratch.

It's finally sunny in Montreal - todays high should get up to 15c!  I
want my car back!

Thanks again to all you kind folk,

Louis

----
Louis Collins                e-mail: louis@nil.mni.mcgill.ca
McConnell Brain Imaging Center
NeuroImaging Laboratory, Montreal Neurological Institute
1967 Sunbeam Alpine Series 5