Re: Acids/ Compressors

To: tdm@akguc.att.com
Subject: Re: Acids/ Compressors
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 8:23:27 PDT

> What does phos.acid do to aluminum?  I cleaned a transmission
> cover and then washed it generously with water.
> Don Mathis

There is an equivalent to Navel Jelly that contains phosphoric acid.  I
think it's sold by the same company.  Phosphoric acid certainly will
etch aluminum but I'm not sure what's different about the stuff sold
specifically for aluminum.  I've used it and noticed that it leaves a
coating on the surface similar to that left by Navel Jelly on steel.

Roland