Got me one, now what?

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Got me one, now what?
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@postoffice3.mail.cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 11:53:00
I've now filled my car quota for quite some time. No more space or time.
July and August ought to be time to take apart parts cars, finish some
projects, and get rid of some old projects. Barely 2 weeks ago, we got the ZB
Magnette, and now I've got an important part of a long desired, but as yet
not completly defined project. Yup- I got me a Rover 3.5 V8.

I just dragged it home last night, in the form of a 1970 Rover P6B (3500S).
It looks good, at a few paces. Unique styling, with Aluminium bonnet & boot,
unboltable body panels, fresh tyres, etc. But, the rust worm has done it's
deed to the under structure. It's sad really, such a truely neat car. BRG
(RRG?) incredibly clean interior- black leather, including the white
headliner, and even the light tanish carpets aren't bad. The dash is full of
wonderful gadgets and chrome, and they're all there. Electric windows! Ice
Alert! A/C! I didn't have a chance to get it up and running, but last year
when we first checked it out, it ran very smooth. That V8, with a pair of
SU's perched on top. Ahhh.

Now what will I put it in? The Magnette? Tillys '74 BGT? A roadster? So many
possibilities.

Roger -and now I've got Rover parts- Garnett

      Roger Garnett           (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."