Re: Got me one, now what?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Got me one, now what?
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 15:13:39 MDT
> Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 12:43:21 +0800
> From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
> Subject: Re: Got me one, now what?

> ~ I got me a Rover 3.5 V8.

> Wasn't there someone on the list who had a sort of shabby but sound
> P6 that needed some body panels and trim bits?  This sounds like an
> ideal combination...  of course, that person is probably in Australia,
> a fine place to be unless you're trying to get a parts car back from
> Ithaca, New York.

Well, there are several around here which have been stripped of
engines. Seems to be the most popular choice for finding that Rover
V8. Nothing around here rusts much, so I could probably find a good
frame.

Roger, now I have two reasons for you to make the trek.  There's a '56
ZA Magnette for sale out here.  I spoke with the woman, and she says
it is pretty clean on rust (probably just the typical sill stuff), and
her husband was restoring it when he died.  They drove it last
October, and now she just wants out.  She's asking $1000, but she'll
take less as everybody else who called was interested in the 67 MGB. I
searched my soul, but Maggie is coming along nicely, and I don't need
a second Magnette.  I hate to see her get broken up for MGA parts.
Anybody interested in having me go look at what promises to be a clean
ZA Magnette?  Wish I'd seen that before I drove to Texas.

    Jay