Re: Tis not so deep as a well...

To: sfisher@megatest.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, sfisher@megatest.com,
Subject: Re: Tis not so deep as a well...
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 11:26:20 -0700
In message <9405120546.AA00533@abingdon.sales> Scott Fisher writes:
> ....nor so broad as a church door, but twill suffice, twill do.
>
> Well, now I know what an engine feels like when it blows a hole
> in the top of its piston.
>
> Yes, I *do* know that's what's wrong.  I took the head off tonight
> and there's a nice 1/4" by 1/8" chunk missing from around the edge
> of the #4 piston.  The chunk is sitting on top of that piston now.
> There's also a piece of aluminum stuck to the face of the head up
> by the #1 cylinder, but I can't figure that out.
>
> The symptom, BTW, is that the engine suddenly started running very
> rough and making a hammering noise, then it died.  (In my driveway,
> I have to say.  What a car.  Maybe I should call him Phidippides,
> after the Greek runner who returned from the battle of Marathon to
> tell his countrymen, "Victory is ours!" and then expired on the spot.)
>
> (BTW, that's III, i 94-95 for those of you with a copy of the
> whole Canon at your bedside.  What? Oh, Romeo and Juliet, of course.)
>
> --Scott "Me? III, i, 134, natch" Fisher

Scott dare I ask which car lost the engine?  Is it time to get serious about the
B engine sitting in front of where the B parks?

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561