Re: AZ rust free MG

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AZ rust free MG
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.co.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 12:54:42 PST
In message <94May23.075219pdt.14532(8)@alpha.xerox.com> Jerry writes:
>   Sears used to sell a exhaust analyzer that worked off of 12V.  I don't
>   know how well these worked, but just imagine driving along with a
>   constant reading of mixture strength!

>K&N makes a fuel/air ratio monitor.  It uses an oxygen sensor, so you can't
>use it with leaded fuel (at least not for long!)

>Pegasus Racing carries then.  THe instrument is $150 for a rectangular unit,
>and $163 for a round in-dash one.  That includes the sensor and the fitting
>you weld to the exhaust manifold.

>It's on my list of toys for Sybil, but below new paint and interior...

>  --berry

I have a friend that makes and sells these same monitors for around $60.  If
anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.  Jim
Tencate has one I believe.

This same friend was wondering if anyone out there has played around with any
aftermarket fuel injection systems on their cars.  He just put a Buick 215 into
his TVR 3000S and would like to move it over to FI. He is not sure what
direction he wants to go, whether to try and adapt an OEM system or just go get
a completely programable/adjustable aftermarket system.

greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com