Re: Did I Hear You Right?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did I Hear You Right?
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 25 May 1994 16:03:42 -0500 (EST)
Greeting SOLers,

Well, Mark Greishaber asked, so here goes.

My wife has _no interest_ in helping with the car. When we first started going
to lbc events, she had some enthusiasm, but that seems to have wained. I'm
sure that this occurs because of something that I did/said, but I have no
idea what. In fact, if I go out to work on the car in the evening, she usually
says "goodnight" as I walk out the door. She doesn't seem to wish to be bothered
even to come out to the garage to see if everything is okay when I am out there.
That fact is a little disconcerting, because I constantly imagine a scenario
where I get injured/incapaciated and then lay there for days...

One of my TR6 friends is quite philosophical about this, as his wife acts
pretty much the same way. He say's "think of it this way, you don't want to
spend ALL of your time together, I mean the relationship could get pretty
stale..."

I wish that my wife were more involved, but she has her interests too, and I'm
sure she feels a similar way towards my involvement in her endeavors. It's a two
way street.

Oh well,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |