Re: Did I hear you right?

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Did I hear you right?
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 17:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
Mark V Grieshaber said:

>Beg pardon?  Are you saying that your Significant Other *wants* to be
>*involved* with engine work on an LBC?  Involved, not merely tolerant?

>In my experience, this is quite unusual.  Any pointers as to how you
>managed to arrange such a felicitous partnership?

        When my wife Marla and I were first dating, I found a Lincoln
convertible in poor condition which I managed to buy for $500.00.  I
planned on fixing it up just enough to make it usable, but she surprised
me by really getting involved with the project.  We ended up with a pretty
nice car.  Marla had patience with time-consuming cosmetic work (which I
would not do near as well), while I took care of the mechanicals.  She
did most of the sanding, polishing, etc.

        Now that we are married, she has expressed interest in doing a
"full" restoration, where we could take everything apart.  My daily
driver Alpine has been considered as a candidate, but I am still looking
for a restorable Tiger (what can I say...).

Kevin Meek                       Sunbeam Alpine Series I
kevnmeek@netcom.com