Re: Transfering titles from Mass.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transfering titles from Mass.
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 15:59:57 EDT
>      A friend of mine gave me a 79'MGB.  Its still registered to her, in
>      the Boston area.  She can't tind the paper work for the car.  I have
>      it in Arizona and will need to get the title transfered in the next
>      couple of months.  It seems that they don't issue titles for "older"
>      cars, at least thats what we found out when we applied for a
>      duplicate.
>      So, what do they issue to prove ownership and to effect a transfer?
>      Did they use a bill of sale in the past?

Yes they did, but now you need at least one official piece of RMV paper
that says the PO owned the car in order to get them to effect the transfer.
Do you still have the MA license plate? That will do - have her take it down
to the registry and turn it in. She will get an RMV plate receipt, which you
can then send in with your bill of sale plus $50 to get your title issued.
Then you can take your MA title to the Arizona DMV and they will probably
be much more sensible...

--
---
John R. Lupien