MGB Questions

To: BritCar List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Questions
From: "P.J. Hartman" <72047.1766@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Jun 94 10:08:21 EDT
I recently purchased a 1977 MGB from the original owner (my sister) and have
discovered that a great many items are removed or disabled, mostly the EGR, Cat,
etc.  One question I do have, though, is concerning the thermostat.  This was a
Florida car, and had the thermostat removed.  It's now in Nebraska and I'm
wondering if I should install a thermostat, and if so, what heat setting?  What
consequences will I suffer if I don't install one?  Thanks in advance.

Rich Hill -- for your transmission you'll either want to use Red Line MTL or its
slightly heavier brother, MT-90.  Since you're currently using 80w-90 in the
tranny I'd guess you want to use MT-90.

        P.J. Hartman