Re: Things to do along I-40 in my MGB

To: jhoward@atlas.usno.navy.mil (James D. Howard), british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Things to do along I-40 in my MGB
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 08:02:21 CST
>I am going to be driving from Washington DC to Flagstaff, AZ next
>week.  I will spend the first night in Knoxville, TN, with relatives,
>and the last night in Santa Fe, NM with friends, and camping out or
>staying in hotels (thanks to reimbursements) in between.  I want to
>take the opportunity to see the country, so, anyone have any
>suggestions for 'must sees' along I-40?
>
>James

If you're driving up to I-44 from I-55, be sure to eat at Lambert's Cafe in
Sikeston, MO. Great throwed rolls!

In Amarillo, be sure to stop at the Big Texan Steak Ranch. You'll see about a
million billboards for it on the way. They have a 72-ounce steak that's free if
you can finish it, the potato and salad. But the food and atmosphere are great
there!

Have fun!