Calling All Spit Experts!

To: b-c
Subject: Calling All Spit Experts!
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 10:28:35 -0500
I am about to begin work on my 1970 Mk.III Spitfire to get the body in shape.
This is the later Mk.III, with the single Z-S carb, locking steering wheel,
and side reflecters.

My question is about the bonnet. The bonnet on the car has NO badges or
other markings. It's just plain. I have a spare Mk.III bonnet (I know it's
a Mk.III by the "bone-in-teeth" front bumper) and it has the separate, chrome
letters spelling "TRIUMPH" across the front.

Which should I use? Did the '69 Mk.IIIs have the chrome letters and the '70s
not have them? I know in comparing my '69 GT6+ with the '70 GT6+ that a
lot of changes were made between those years.

I would like to use the bonnet with the letters, because I think they look
neat. But I won't if that would be incorrect for a '70.

Thanks,

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com