Re: Rebuilding lever-arm shocks

To: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Rebuilding lever-arm shocks
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 12:13:07 -0700
todd writes:
>I was grateful, when I got my MGB from Mum, that the lever shocks were all
>working as advertised.  I had noticed the steep charges in Moss et. al. for
>replacing these little wonders, and made a mental note of the shop manual's
>claim of non-rebuildability.

Hmm, and I was just thinking the other day how the Moss prices seemed
so reasonable for a rebuilt from MGB shock:

    264-360 Front Shock Absorber, new        $159.95
    264-365 Front Shock Absorber, rebuilt     $85.50 ($40.00 core charge)

Two rebuilt front shocks (ready to bolt in) will cost you $171.00.  And they
have a sale going right now, so you'll probably save another ~8% or so...

...robert