Next obsession...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Next obsession...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 17:28:14 -0400 (EDT)
I've been thinking an MGB would be a good companion for Kermit.  On my way
out of Hildene, I spotted a friend who has one each 70 and 74 MGB
roadsters for sale.  He was showing the 74, and I sat in it.  I felt a bit
confined; it especially seemed that the top was low and the windshield
narrow and far away.  I don't feel that way in Kermit, and I don't recall
my 67 Alpine feeling that way; I worry I would not be happy in the B
cockpit.  I gather that earlier ones had less padding and were more
spartan.  Do earlier ones seem roomier than the 74?

I suppose the new old house will be my next obsession for a while, anyway,
and the next car choice will be less calculated.  I was hoping to buy a
car that was ready to go, maybe with a bit of tweaking here and there.
But something will probably come along, as Kermit did, and say, "Ahem,
sir, I think we were meant for each other.  I am really about to die of
rust and neglect, and only you are fool enough to care."

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910