Re: Is there life after 40?

To: Flemming Larsen <british-cars-request@triumph.cs.utah.edu>,
Subject: Re: Is there life after 40?
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 16:11:23 EDT
> On Fri, 10 Jun 94 09:56:04 EDT, Will Zehring wrote:
> The only thing you'll need in your driveway is a motorized wheelchair.
> I wonder if you could put a V6 into one of those. Does Lotus make one?
> How about an electric wheelchair, components by Lucas? How about ...
>  -- Flemming Larsen                   flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu

Hi Flemming,

   A good frined of mine makes a wheelchair called the Cobra (BC content...)
which is arguably the Lancia Stratos of wheelchairs. I call on the Stratos
because it soundly trounced the field in offroad events for a few years.
No motor, but it has 4wheel disk brakes, awesome negative camber and big
knobby tires front and rear. The left and right brakes are separately
controlled by brake levers on each steering arm - that way you can hang
the tail out by braking harder on the inside, or suck it back into line
by braking harder on the outside. I took a ride in it just for grins, and
it really is something else. It makes normal wheelchairs look like Edsels.
The chairs used for distance racing are a whole 'nother breed - you can't
use 'em day to day like you can the Cobra. I'm sure you were most likely only
joking, but if you or anyone you know has leg problems but still wants exciting
times this is certainly the chair to use!

--
---
John R. Lupien