'72 B is on the road!

To: @car.dis
Subject: '72 B is on the road!
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 09:46:14 EDT
Today is a day I will not soon forget.  After TWO YEARS of restoration on
the '72 B I finally drove it out of the garage legally.  Last night at 11:00
I made the maiden trip through the winding country roads of Rt 119 in my
town of Groton MA.  The fog was 3' off the deck, and while I cut through
it I could smell the ponds and feel the temperature change.  But my biggest
surprise came this morning on the commute.  I left third gear for the first
time and shifted through 4th and OD.  JEESUSS!  All the performance mods I
did have transformed the car.  I had no idea what going from 55 bhp (shot
cam) to approx 115 bhp (HS6's, Piper Blueprint cam, 2" header/exhaust...)
would feel like.  Theory just became reality, and man is it fun.

Thanks to all of you noble scions who have inspired me.  I read the postings
religiously and drawn strength from them to stay up late every other night.
With young kids that's the only chance I get.  It has been a long road, and
I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Let the good times roll!

A VERY proud and happy Skip Cusack.

P.S.  The gracious friend who GAVE me the car two years ago is returning from
CO for the first time tomorrow.  We will have a few days to male bond and
seeing the B is naturally a highlight.  The car became legal just in time, and
I think the first time we stand over it together we may break down in tears.
I'll have to remember to send my wife and kids out for ice cream.

cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com