Re: Next obsession...

To: Scott Fisher <sfisher@megatest.com>
Subject: Re: Next obsession...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 09:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Scott,

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions re: an MGB GT as an all-purpose car.
Roland suggested, quite reasonably, that I consider a trailer.  No
insurance, minimal other costs.  I am going to reconsider that, but I
thought I should explain why I initially rejected the idea.  It was a
variant of TeriAnn's shipwright's disease, which I call "mightaswell"
thinking.  It went this way:

A trailer would haul lumber and sheetrock cheaply.  However, if I am going
to get a trailer, mightaswell get a small car trailer--it would haul
lumber as well as a utility trailer, and when I find a 62 Ferarri GTO in a
barn (my son bought it new the week before he was kidnapped by aliens, you
look like just the sort of person he would want to have it, would $600 be
too much to ask for it?) I could truck it home.  But a car trailer would
be a bit much for the Prelude to pull.  I'd have to trade it for something
with a bigger engine.  Mightaswell go whole hog, and get a 4WD truck or
Ford Explorer, something that wouldn't struggle pulling a trailer fully
laden with GTO.

But if I had a truck or Explorer, I wouldn't need a trailer.  Sh*t, better
rethink this.

Hmmm... maybe an MGB GT *is* the way to go.  Slip a 289 Ford V8 in the
sucker, and really *haul* that sheetrock.   Not to mention crumpet.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910