Re: Old Threads

To: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Subject: Re: Old Threads
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 22:23:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 21 Jun 1994 George Haynes <GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com> wrote:

> Chip,
> <As originally designed (in the 1850's if I remember correctly)....>
> Damn, you really ARE old!  I'm sorry -  you must get far too many
> jokes about being "old".  At 55, I'm probably a lot older.

Yes, you're _much_ older than I am - a whole five years older!  <grin>

> Your name is familiar, however.  Didn't you write technical articles
> for The Sacred Octagon a few years ago?

Yes, I'm that Chip Old.  I stopped writing for TSO about fifteen years
ago, but might have stuck with it had desktop computers been invented a
bit earlier.  Can't believe I wrote all those articles on a typewriter,
without benefit of cut/paste and delete key!

> Thanks for sharing your knowledge of British threads with us.

Heh. You're lucky I didn't deliver my lecture on why the engines and
gearboxes in T-Series MG's (and other Nuffield cars of the period) have
metric threads and whitworth hex heads.  I haven't done that one in a
long time!

> Feel free to join us here at the British Cars Digest more often!

I will.

Chip Old                1948 M.G. TC  TC6710
feold@umd5.umd.edu      1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO (daily transport)