TR4 Problems

To: searle@indigo.ucdavis.edu
Subject: TR4 Problems
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 14:19:36 +0100 (BST)
hi

I've been there several times on this one:

Heres what happened to me:

a) fuel line beween tank & pump intermittently (then finally) plugged:
   Car runs fine then stops, noodling reveals all ok.

b) very old plug leads:
   Car runs fine (well ok, badly) then stops, noodling reveals all ok.

c) needle falls out of SU piston:
   Car runs fine then stops, noodling reveals all ok.

I'd also suspect that small cloth covered wire in the distributer that
feeds the points; they get pretty brittle after +30 years.

Betcha its electrical (& not the coil!).

regards, Adrian
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk