List of contents of the ktud13.elte.hu anonymous ftp site. Updated versi

To: alt-binaries-pictures@cs.utexas.edu,
Subject: List of contents of the ktud13.elte.hu anonymous ftp site. Updated version
From: Paul Negyesi <paul@ktud.elte.hu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 07:59:43 +0000
List of contents of the ktud13.elte.hu anonymous ftp site. Latest
update: 21th of June 1994.
(the new things are marked with a *)

General intro:
This site carrying pictures about limited edition cars, specialty
cars (kitcars, replicars, exotic sportscars etc.), radically
modified cars, coachbuilt production cars. I will store off-line
the JPGs in TIF format (whenever I could do...) so you can ask
for it.

The structure of the ftp site is as the following:
pub/pictures: the pix
* pub/pictures/vintage.racers: pre-WWII American racers (midgets
etc.) (this is currently under uploading)

pub/txt: the descriptions of the pictures
pub/viewers: some picture-viewer
pub/faqs: picture-related faqs
pub/incoming: the uploaded things.

Only TIFF and TARGA - or any other truecolor, not compressed in
a lossy way - pictures are acceptable for uploading!
Or if you only have GIFs I can deal with them but it's only the
latest thing which I dig.
The pictures are published in JPG format, but we should have it
in the original truecolor not lossy compressed format! Of course,
there are always special cases, but please do not bomb me with
such letters that I'd like to upload a JPG of my beautiful VW
Golf!
(If it is a Sbarro Golf - go ahead!). Well, we're interested in
_rare_ production cars e.g. 1953 Chevy Corvette, 1964 Ford
Mustang owners etc.  If you'd like to upload sg. you should write
an
E-mail to

PAUL@KTUD.ELTE.HU (he is the maintainer of the site)

and if he is interested in that picture, he'll write you the way
of uploading.
(*BTW it's very simple: ftp to ktud13.elte.hu login: anonymous
password: e-mail address, cd incoming and you can upload)
  Please upload some description of the car as detailed as it is
possible! (History, technical specifications, etc.). If you think
you have an interesting car but you don't have a scanner please
drop me a line (ya know Paul@ktud.elte.hu) and we will discuss
it and if it's worth we'd be happy to scan it.

All the copyright problems will be sent back to the uploader. We
can't be responsible for any (c) problems!
This site is NOT:
1. A general picture site. (No sex, garfield, etc. junk
pictures!!!!)
2. We are not interested in pictures scanned from books,
brochures, etc.
  We tryin' to avoid that kinda pix...

We'll try to keep up-to-date things like QPEG, JPG FAQ and such.

And maybe there will be a FAQ of cars-related stuff on the net
(mailing lists, WWWs, pic-sites etc.) (it's under construction
now).

As it was previously stated: this site is experimental. The .txt
files which  belong to various pictures are under development,
they will contain more info from time to time.

*  Thanx for reading this and we'd be very happy to hear your
   comments,
                                                    Charlie &
                                                   Paul Negyesi
                                          (chx,root)@ktud.elte.hu
                                  Maintainer: Paul@ktud.elte.hu

                  The pictures
(the .jpg files can found under the pub/pictures directory, the
.txt files
can found under the pub/txt directory).

* Latest additions:
       a new directory: pub/pictures/vintage.racers:
currently there is only one picture about a Willys-powered Midget
but there will be more, just take a look to the vinrace.txt)
       Guitolar (guitola1,2,3,4,5,6.jpg): pictorial history of
an Uruguayian car-maker.
       In the near future (maybe this or the next week) there
will be texts to the 59hearse.jpg and the to the 60hearse1,2,
3.jpgs but currently you can found only the pictures)

And the usual others:
AC Schnitzer S3 3.0 Compact (ac_s3.jpg, ac_s3_1.jpg; ac_s3.txt):
  Modified BMW 3 Compact.

ATS 1100 (ats.jpg, ats2,3,4.jpg; ats.txt)
   A Ferrariesque small-series Italian sportscar from the
   sixties.

BRABUS-Mercedes New S (bra_s.jpg, bra_s1.jpg, bra_s.txt)
   A tuned version of the updated Mercedes S-class.

CC Zero (zero1,2,3.jpg, zero.txt)
   A small Fiat 126 based kitcar from England.

DuoPower:
  Afghan (afghan.jpg, afghan1.jpg; afghan.txt)
    An one-off sportscar from a Californian designstudio
  Gilamonster (gila.jpg; gila.txt)
    Another one-off sportscar from them.
  Pandora (pandora.jpg)
    A small-series car based on the Mercedes 190 from them.

Fejer Mirage (fejer1,2,3.jpg)
   Ferrari replicas from Canada.

Geiger Camaro Cabrio (geiger.jpg; geiger.txt)
   Modified Chevrolet Camaro Cabrio

GFG Elisar (elisar1,2,3.jpg, elisar.txt)
   A German neo-classic based on Mercedes.

Gibbon Packard Roadster (gibbon1,2,3,4,5,6.jpg; gibbon.txt)
   An American company who has an interest in hot-rods offering
   this replica of the 1933/34 Packard Roadster and coupe.

Hotzenblitz El Sport (hbz_el.jpg and hbz_el1.jpg, hbz_el.txt)
   This is a German small city and shopping car.

Hudson Italia (hudson.jpg, hudson1,2.jpg; hudson.txt)
   An Italian-designed and produced bodied American car from
   1953.

Marcos (marcos1,2,3,4.jpg; marcos.txt)
   Marcos is a well-known British specialty car company. The
   pictures show the current lineup of the firm.

Predator Performance D-type replica (pred_d1,2,3,4.jpg,
* pred_d.txt-> this is currently developing)
   This is a Jaguar D-type replica from Florida.

Prototypes Research and Development Classic 55 (Class_55.jpg;
  class_55.txt)
   This is a replica of a 1955 Chevy from a Canadian company.

Talon (talon.jpg; talon.txt)
   A VW Beetle based kit from America, made between 1972-1984.