Re: break pipes for the B

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: break pipes for the B
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 10:42:53 -0700
In message <9406291635.AA00410@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu> Will Zehring writes:
> TeriAnn:
>
> Thanks very much for your advice on the break lines.  I was not aware that
> there was a 'problem' with the fittings being incompatible.  However, I
> think that among the pipes I have taken off the car I can recover a set of
> usable original fittings.  If not, I will contact Rover.  Getting and
> flanging (sp?) the pipe shouldn't be hard.
>
> Hey, this British-car net thing really works!
>
> Cheers,
> Will
>
> P.S.  How are things with the GT?  About a month ago I saw the '74 that I
> had sold two some odd years earlier (nice cloth interior, OD, moon roof).
> The current owner has screwed up home fixit jobs on the fuel pump, the
> carbs, the front brakes, and had installed *ugly* speakers in the back (I
> know these details because I saw the car in my mechanic's overflow lot).
> Appearently it ran like s**t.  Damn.  Pearls before swine!

You are welcome.  I'm glad to help.

I have decided to disassemble the BGT's engine to look for those chunks that
broke off those new Roadster factory chrome molly pushrods.  Magnet fishing, pan
cleaning and oil filter disection did not yeild all the missing chunks.  i do
not feel right knowing that there are metal chips lose inside my engine.  I'm
after dependability, not a potential time bomb.  Those push rods are getting
very expensive.  And I had less than 200 miles on them.  Oh well it looks like
an early ring and bearing job to go with my recent valve job and carb
refurbishment.  I just hate going into an otherwise good condition engine.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561