Re: break pipes for the B

To: twakeman@apple.com ("TeriAnn Wakeman" )
Subject: Re: break pipes for the B
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 10:55:26 PDT

> In message <9406271214.AA08071@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu> Will Zehring writes:
> > Fellow fiends:
>
>  snip
>
> > Anyway, back to the matters at hand:  how come no one seems to sell the
>long
> > break pipe for the early single system B?  I mean the pipe from the four
>way
> > in the engine compartment to the three way on the rear axle.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> You will have to have one made up.  But you will need to ba carefull.  The US
> fitting will screw into the UK fittings but they are too short.  What this
>means
> is that your male fittings will run out of threads before the flange seats,
>and
> the UK male fitting will only have about one thread into a US female fitting
> before the flange is seated.  Have a tube made up using your old fittings if
> they are in good shape.  If you need new fittings, call Rovers North

Are snakes an aberration or what?  I was able to find brake pipe in
varying lengths at several local auto parts stores.  These "standard"
lengths came with male fittings on both ends that were IDENTICAL to
the male fittings on the old lines.  Since I've owned this car since
1966 I'm quite sure these fittings were original from the factory.  The
only fittings I was unable to find were of the female variety.

BTW, I replaced all of the flexible lines with Aeroquip.

Roland