Re: What would Miss Manners say?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What would Miss Manners say?
From: "Darrell G. Holmquist" <holmquis@hpcc98.corp.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 8:31:31 PDT
> Is it considered in bad taste to drive a British car on Independence day?

I certainly hope not!  If so, my wife and I demonstrated truly bad taste in
1990.  We not only drove our MG-TD, Midgie, on Indendence Day -- we drove it
in England on Independence Day.

We were participants in the New England MG-T Register's Circuit of Britian
along with 88 other MG-T series and older MG's.  We all decorated our cars
with red, white, and blue bunting, US flags, and other such decorations.
We then drove around the town of Chester.

To add insult to injury, the hotel staff prepared a barbecue dinner for
our celebration!  I don't think they found much humor in the exercise.

So, if it is bad taste to drive a British car on 4th of July, too bad!  It's
just too much fun!!!

   Darrell Holmquist            holmquis@hpcc01.corp.hp.com
   Hewlett-Packard Company      (415) 857-5834
   3000 Hanover Street
   Palo Alto, CA  94304