Strange TR6 ad...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange TR6 ad...
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 07:20:35 PDT
Browsing through the ads in the San Jose Mercury News today I cam across this:

   TRIUMPH '73 TR6 comp res-
   tor., fact. AC, HT, all covers
   Red lines $20K/bo 978-5278

Which I have reproduced as exactly as I can in ASCII.

I have three questions:
  1) US$ 20K for a TR6???  Hear that, Sybil?
  2) WHat's "HT"?  (Oh, hardtop, never mind...)
  3) and finally, Factory AC?  Is that AIR CONDITIONING?  IN a TR?  Is this for
     real?  I don't remember anyting about AC in my TRF parts books OR the
     Bentley manual but I could be wrong.  I'll look again, but meanwhile
     does this sound as odd to you folks as it does to me?

  --berry

(P.S. THe area code is 415 if anyone wants to call this person)