Re: Strange TR6 ad...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: Strange TR6 ad...
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 10:42:05 +0500
->I have three questions:
->  1) US$ 20K for a TR6???  Hear that, Sybil?

Out of sight, but not unheard of. I've never heard of anyone actually
*paying* that much though. $10K for a spectacular example or a car with
history is not unheard of.

->  2) WHat's "HT"?  (Oh, hardtop, never mind...)

        Add $1K or so for a good one. I'd love one myself, but I'm
too cheap. There was a guy who lived 3 condos down from me in Ft.Worth
with a pimento TR-6, a couple hundred earlier than mine that had a hardtop.
Looked really slick.

->  3) and finally, Factory AC?  Is that AIR CONDITIONING? IN a TR?  Is this for
->     real?  I don't remember anyting about AC in my TRF parts books OR the
->     Bentley manual but I could be wrong.  I'll look again, but meanwhile
->     does this sound as odd to you folks as it does to me?
->

Yup, AC was a dealer-add option. I've seen a few. Makes for a very
crowded engine compartment though. The whole AC unit bolts underneath
the dash and has it's own blower and heat exchanger. Good if you live
in Texas, which is where I saw most of the ones I've seen.

iii