Re: Ever hear of the "CPI Guide?"

To: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Subject: Re: Ever hear of the "CPI Guide?"
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 00:06:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 12 Jul 1994, Cory Carpenter wrote:

> My home-loan application is dragging on (and on, and on...), and now the
> loan underwriter at the bank wants to verify the value of the Europa (which
> I'm selling to help finance the loan).  They don't seem to be content to
> go with the appraisal I have, and can't find the car in whatever Bluebook
> they're looking at.  However, the appraisal references something called
> the "CPI Guide."  Anyone know what that is?  The bank may be willing to
> go with the valuation in such a guide, depending on what the document
> is.

I don't remember the full title, but the "CPI" guide is sort of a blue
book for special interest cars.  It gives a low, average, and high value
for each car model listed, based on auction prices realized for that
model.  Your local public library may have a copy.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)