Ave Atque Vale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Ave Atque Vale
From: sfisher@Corp.Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 16:48:11 +0800
It's been a bittersweet week here.

I've been cleaning out my directories, and therefore been
reading my saved postings from myself, from others on the
list, and other articles on a number of topics.  The good
news is that I've got a TON of words to go into a book on
M.G.s; maybe with all the hype about the Internet, I should
just have them all bound as they are.  I have another idea
that actually came from Torrey; we'll see where that leads
me.  Semi-fiction, a sort of cross betwen "Zen and the Art
of Motorcycle Maintenance" and "Little Women," with elements
of "Life With Father" and "The Three Stooges."

But in the meanwhile, it's been lovely to see all that's
passed between us on the list this past year, and also a
little sad to be deleting it.

The final blow came when I deleted my bc directory (for
british-cars, of course) just a few minutes ago.  I sent
everything that I cared about to my home account on AOL,
and in fact have been doing that for the past two and a
half days.  Kim is organizing it there (when she isn't
getting fan mail from someone on the list :-), but it
still felt strange to delete all the files and finally
rmdir the directory itself.  Now all that remains in my
directory is work stuff...

And of course, I never did tell the list about our great
anniversary drive.  It was everything I'd hoped for, except
for getting stuck behind the Cadillac on Hwy 9 for 15 minutes.
Only got a *little* sunburned, in spite of putting some 175
miles on the car in three days of mountain-road cruising.
Still, I guess it's a combination of 15 years of marriage
and having been without the M.G. for so long last year that
we got SIGNIFICANTLY more sunburned than we did on our
honeymoon at Acapulco... :-)

--Scott