English Day at Greenfield Village

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: English Day at Greenfield Village
From: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com (Douglas Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 12:40:48 EDT
Well, the weather cooperated mostly. Threatening skies, and a few drops
here and there. At least before I left. Had some interesting cars as well
as the usual assortment of lbc's.

The common cars were MG's, Triumphs, a few big Healeys, and some small ones.
There were a few Jags, including a documented racer from Austrailia. Five
or six TVR's, all save one were 280i's, and the other was a '73 2500M. Two
Mini's showed up, both with Michigan tags, and one was a '78. I asked the
owner how they got it through, and he told me that the PO was a Canadian
who imported it himself when he moved to Michigan.

One of the more unusual cars was a Bond Equipe 2000 from Ontario. There was
also an Aston (Austin :)) Martin V-8 of 1977 vintage. The most appropriate
number plate award went to a 1953 Bentley with the registration of LBCxxx.
I don't remember the full number, but I asked the owner if it was original,
and he informed me that it was, and he then asked about the meaning of the
abbreviation.

I didn't find any other SOL's, but I left an hour or so before the awards
were given out, so I don't know if Will Z. showed up. Maybe someone else has
the results of the awards, but I will try to get them tonight.

Doug Mitchell