Wrapping a MGB catalytic conv

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British_Cars)
Subject: Wrapping a MGB catalytic conv
From: PPERREA.SALES@pc.Trimble.COM (Paul Perreault)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 08:17
This net is great.  I only wish I had tuned in when I was doing alot of
wrenching on my 71  B.

Can anyone help with this one?  I'd like to wrap my header and catalytic
converter with something ( ? ) to prevent the heat from the recently
installed new converter from further overheating my carb and choke cable.
 I now drive a 79MGB.

The heat has already melted the blue plastic coating of the choke cable
and I'm quite worried about all this extra heat.  There should be a sheet
metal heat shield but it was not usable when I had to replace the conv.
and there was no time to order or make a new one.  With the trouble I had
installing, read turning some of those bolts, I do not want to open it up
again.

Any suggestions?

Paul
Paul