Beloved 1965 Spitfire Mk. 1 for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Beloved 1965 Spitfire Mk. 1 for sale
From: Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 08:12:30 pst
Yes, it's true.  My little Spitfire is for sale to a good home.  I have
accepted
a transfer from Symantec's Eugene, Oregon office to the Cupertino, California
headquarters.  Rents being as high as they are in the Bay Area, I can't afford
to take my little Spitfire with me because I can't afford a garage to keep it
in
and I can't afford to put it in storage.

I've offered it to a guy up the street for $850, which is a fair price given
the
car's condition.  However, (a big HOWEVER), I just don't think he's the type
who
really is up to restoring an old sports car, so I'm offering it to the net
cheap.  Anyone who mentions reading this post or having been referred by
someone
who read this post can have the car for $700, or maybe less if you are
persuasive.  You netlanders in Portland and other places around the Willamette
Valley, note that price!  Do you want a cheap project?  Do you need a complete,
operational parts car?  Do you have freinds interested in getting a little bit
of the British Invasion in their driveway?

This price includes a number of very handy spare parts, parts from Victoria
British that I bought and had not yet installed, two repair manuals and a
reproduction of the car's handbook.  I've modified the car to overcome some
endemic Spitfire problems, like fitting an electric fuel pump to overcome vapor
lock, fitting the water pump housing from the last 1500's which doubles water
flow to eliminate overheating.  The car also comes with a 13-row oil cooler
from
an MGB that I haven't yet installed, but it worked very well on my MG Midget
1500.  The car itself is dark red, has slightly rough paint that should polish
up nicely.  It needs a new top.  The interior is rough, but the original Mk. 1
rubber floors are under Mk. 2 carpeting.  In short, it's a lot of car and a lot
of potential.  I wish I could keep it.

Get ahold of me by replying directly via internet to:

Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com

or call me at work at (503) 465-8647 or call me at home this weekend at
(503) 686-1074.  I must sell it by Saturday, July 30.  Unfortunately, if I
can't
sell it, it will have to go to a crusher because there is nowhere I can store
the car and no way I can haul it to California and store it there.  You've got
pretty good picture of my reality now.  Help me save a charming little sports
car.  Give me a call.