Re[2]: Beloved 1965 Spitfire Mk. 1 for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Beloved 1965 Spitfire Mk. 1 for sale
From: Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 21:13:38 pst
I genuinely appreciate the support I've been getting in my moment of need.  My
little Spitfire Mk. 1 is not yet sold, although it still needs to be.  Because
of a very generous offer by Miq Millman, if I can't sell the car before I have
to move to California, he's offered a corner of his property in Tualitin to
store the car on to keep it from being scrapped, so that is no longer a danger.

Thank you, Miq!  I still hope to sell the car to a good home and not have to
take Miq up on his offer.

Once again, I must sell the car by July 30.  A guy up the street is thinking
about buying it for $850, but I have misgivings about selling it to him--he
doesn't seem the type to restore a British car.  If you mention you've seen my
post or that a freind told you about this post, I will sell it to you for $700,
or less if you're persuasive.  My aim is to sell it someone who will take good
care of it and restore it to it's former glory like I wish I could but can't
for
geographic and time and (now) economic reasons.

It is a 1965 Triumph Spitfire Mk. 1, dark red metallic with a black interior
and
top.  It was in storage for eight years before I bought it in 1991, and I spent
a winter and spring's worth of evenings making it roadworthy, then drove it
around for the summer of '92.  I took it off the road for further improvements
and haven't had the time to finish them since.

That original work involved rebuilding and rebushing the SU's, replacing the
brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder with racing components,
replacing the original clutch slave cylinder with a Mini unit, replacing the
flywheel and clutch with new GT6 components, replacing the water pump and water
pump housing with 1500 components to alleviate overheating, installing an AC
electric fuel pump to alleviate vapor lock, and welding in a new battery box.
There are a number of components and parts I've ordered from Victoria British
that haven't yet been installed.  The car includes a new oil pan to replace the
leaky one on the car now, a 13-row oil cooler from an MGB that I had in my
Midget 1500, and some components to replace the exhaust system which
disintegrated in a cloud of rust particles after one of the initial start-ups
the spring of '92.  The car's paint is rough but should polish up, there is
very
little rust, only one dent, and the interior is rougher.  The car needs a new
top, as the one on it now is probably 20 years old and the windows are opaque.
The car's lights are mostly inoperable because when I cleaned the corrosion off
the connectors the first time, I didn't take adequate precaution against the
corrosion reforming.  A little acid dipping and some dielectric grease should
restore most of the lights to operation.

I wish I could take my car with me.  I've put so much work into it that I hate
to get rid of the car without enjoying the benefits of my labors.  If you live
in Eugene, Corvallis, Salem, the Portland area, or elsewhere in the Willamette
Valley and want a solid little Spitfire in your driveway that wouldn't take too
much work to make a jewel, reply to me via e-Mail at:

Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com

or call me at work at (503) 465-8647 or at home at (503) 686-1074.  Please
think
about it.

Scott