Re: Hot sweaty synthetic oils

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot sweaty synthetic oils
From: grif@win.icl.co.uk
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 09:28:42 BST
I agree with Scotty; when I rebuilt the engine on my '63 mini about 5 years
ago, when it had done about 200K miles the poeple who did the machining
(Avonbar in Surry England) recomended that I use Mobil 1, but only after
running the engin in on ordinary oil for about 6K miles, after that it should
last for ever (their words).  What they did say, and I've heard this from
elsewhere as well, is that you shouldn't change the oil as regularly as you
would an ordinary oil.  The schedule is change the filter as normal, but change
the oil once a year.  I think that there has been a discussion on running in
and synthetic oils on this group before.

Regards Phil.