Camshafts & resprays

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshafts & resprays
From: S.G.Adderson@ukc.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 14:11:49 +0100
I while back I posted an article asking for opinions on camshafts
for my 850cc Mini. I didn't get any really useful replies but after
reading some more of Vizards book and speaking with a bloke from
Avonbar Racing, I'll probably go for a Piper Magnum 255.  This is a
mild cam and will retain even idling and low end torque (apparently).
I was also told that Kent cams can be as much as 10 degrees out on
cam timing whereas Piper cams are usually spot on.

I've sprayed a few coats of primer on the Mini now. I didn't have to
wait a long time for the compressor to keep up (didn't have to wait
at all, in fact) as some of you implied. My next question is should
I really have some sort of moisture trap/filter in-line when spraying
the top coats?  I didn't bother with the primer but it's getting a
bit cold and damp over here now.

Steve