Re: GT6 stuck clutch

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: GT6 stuck clutch
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 09:10:52 -0400
>Got a friend with a GT6 he stored last winter and the clutch is rusted
>to the f'wheel. What were methods discussed to free it up?....this
>came up a few months back.

Marcus-

I had this problem with my TR7 when I bought it.  After replacing the
clutch hydraulics, I called the local British cars service place for
advice.  They suggested that I step on the brake and the clutch, place
the transmission in the highest non-overdrive gear, and hit the starter.
This did indeed work, but I'd guess that it is a little hard on the
starter.  It would be a good idea to be careful about what you might
hit if the car jumps.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!