Re: cheap LBCs for the masses?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL as always)
Subject: Re: cheap LBCs for the masses?
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:10:07 -0400
>A strict comparison with middle-aged econoboxes is probably never going to
>be quite fair without some weighting for ownership/driving enjoyment. It
>particularly depends upon what you want to end up with.

Exactly.

>Perhaps an
>economic factor to consider is what you have after spending
>repair money on it.  $1000 spent on a $1500 econobox leaves you with
>a $1700 econobox.  $1000 spent on a $1500 MGB leaves you with a $2500+ MGB.

Well, you can never get all your money back, but it's probably not far from
the truth. But then simply for basic transportation, you would be better
off to buy the $1700 econobox.... And I definitley think that you're taking
more of a risk with the $1500 MGB than a $1500 econobox. I say this from my
own experience with a $1000 econobox, and I've seen a lot of ratty $2000
MGBs.

LBCs, even lowly TR7s, are overpriced for the service they give. It's OK
though, they're fun.

Jody

jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto, Canada - '80 TR7 convertible