Classic Car Insurance

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, joeg@sr.hp.com
Subject: Classic Car Insurance
From: GORIN_JOE/HP5300_A0@opnmail3.corp.hp.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 17:14:00 -0700
Last year, I purchased Classic Car Insurance from a firm I learned about
on this list.  I was really pleased -- because of the low risk associated
with driving a car less than 2500 miles per year, my rates were ridiculously
low.  It cost me $52/year to insure my '80 TR7 for $100,000 liability.  I
was happy.

Today I found that my insurance had been canceled in April.  They did not
manage to tell me about it (perhaps because of my address change, but all
my other mail got forwarded...) and I never received my (100%) refund,
even though I now have a photocopy of the check.

The insurance got canceled because the insurer was not licensed in my
state (California).  The agency (Parish) found a new insurer, but they
want $215/year -- $115 for the liability and $100 for collision and
comprehensive, which they require but I think exceeds my true risk.

So, here I am, certainly not the only member of the list that can profit
from finding a Classic Car Insurance company, of which I recall there
are many.  Does anyone have any recommendations, with phone numbers,
please?  Thanks in advance,

Joe Gorin    joeg@sr.hp.com    Santa Rosa, CA