Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada

To: BritCars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada
From: Henry Stevens <stevensh@cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 21:24:19 -0600 (MDT)
FWIW, Canadian classic car drivers can no longer use Shell gasoline as if
it were leaded gas. Shell has announced it is no longer adding potassium
to its gas, so the protection that additive had been providing is now
gone (or will be nationwide by the end of Sept.)

Shell spent a great deal of money advertising their gasoline as a
classic-friendly brand when the Canadian government banned the sale of
leaded gas here. I've been using it in my MGB without any difficulty.

So now we'll have to plug the additives in ourselves when we fill up, or
will have to ante up for a new head I guess (for our cars).

-- Henry

stevensh@cuug.ab.ca