re:Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada
From: Greg Johnson <JOHNSONG@ac.dal.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 10:25:55 -0300
I guess I was under the impression that there were additives in *all*
brands of gasoline that saved our heads (MGB's) , or at least in
Supreme.  It just so happens that in the past, about 25% of my fillups
were with Shell gas.
        Is there no alternatives to additives?   Occasionally I purchase
the odd bottle of additive, at outragous prices.  How often should you
add these additives?  Can you buy them in 4 litre containers at a savings?
Help.  I have no desire to repair my head again (~3 years ago.)

Tanks

Greg Johnson

'66 MGB (pre-restoration)
'72 MGB (post restoration)