re: Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada

To: JOHNSONG@ac.dal.ca (Greg Johnson)
Subject: re: Shell drops lead-replacement protection in Canada
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 9:49:10 CDT
>       Is there no alternatives to additives?   Occasionally I purchase
> the odd bottle of additive, at outragous prices.  How often should you
> add these additives?  Can you buy them in 4 litre containers at a savings?
> Help.  I have no desire to repair my head again (~3 years ago.)

If your car's head was repaired just 3 years ago, it's quite likely
that the valve guides are already set up to work with unleaded fuel.
Did you do the work yourself, or did a machine shop do it?  Where did
you/they get the parts?  If you still have the records from the head
work, it's possible you are in for a nice unexpected surprise, and
all your worry will be for naught.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA