Stowe, VT. British Invasion X

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net
Subject: Stowe, VT. British Invasion X
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:06:27 -0700
   With all this talk of shows and facilities on the West coast of the
U.S., is anyone from this list going to the British Invasion in Stowe,
Vermont ?

   Singer is this years Featured Marque at this show and we (the Singer
Club) are planning on having a booth with lots of info on the cars as well
as a bunch of Singers, so far mostly pre-war and early 50's cars.  The
oldest Singer is a 1926 and he is DRIVING it the 250 miles to the show, 3
early to mid 30's Le Mans are dropping in from Canada along with a pre-war
9 and of course a bunch of 4AD's will be there to show the TD owners what
they could have bought (don't flame me...thats humor).

   I went so far as to look at Yahoo maps to see how far it would be if I
towed my 34 1 1/2 Litre Singer to the show from Santa Barbara, but 3,164
miles each way was just a bit much to tow a car.  It is the only known 1.5L
4 seater in the country so it would have been a cool car to have there.

   If anyone on the list is going to be at Stowe and wants to say "hi" and
talk old Brit cars come on by and look me up, I will be there (thank
goodness for Frequent Flyer miles).  I probably will not be at the Woodley
show this year since Stowe is Sept. 16, 17

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/