Paint for TR7 undersides?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Paint for TR7 undersides?
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 20:38:19 EDT
Hello all,

Two questions tonight.

1.  When I wander around the local muscle car shows in Carolina, there's
always someone selling a "miracle" paint, that you can supposedly brush on
and it is supposedly extremely resistant to rust, protects the underside of
cars, etc.  As I work on replacing the suspension on my TR7, I thought I
would clean off the underside and paint it with something protective.
There's a lot of surface rust under the car.  So, anyone got a product that
can be applied to a "wire-brush clean" surface, doesn't need any special
handling, and doesn't need to be coated with a top coat?

2.  I have a 1/8 pinhole I need to fill, and I wondered if I could use my
favorite epoxy, J&B Weld?  Anyone filled sheet-metal holes with it, and can
it be painted afterwards?

As always, thanks!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC

"Send lawyers, guns and money."  - Warren Zevon