Re: Motor shipping

To: mikey@b2systems.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Motor shipping
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:44:40 EDT
Mike,

Last year I shipped a motor from Philadelphia to Los Angeles, using a company
called Forward Air.  Don't let the name fool you, they use trucks as well as
planes.  They do have a website, I think the address is    ForwardAir.com

The way it works is you have to crate the motor and take it to one of their
terminals.  From there it goes to the terminal you specify.  They have
terminals near major airports all over the country.  The buyer will have to
pick it up at the terminal, they don't ship to an address.

The crate needs to be fairly solid built, and fully enclosed.  It is quite
possible that something else will be stacked on top of your crate during
shipping.  They used a forklift to unload it from my truck and on the other
end they loaded it into the buyer's truck with a forklift.

My crate weighed exactly 400 pounds, and the charge was right around $150 for
shipping from Philly to LA.  It got there (by truck) safely in less than 48
hours, which amazed me!  I would not hesitate to use them again.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA