Re: ROVER/B-O-P 3500/215 DISTRIBUTOR

To: John Bartholomew <jdb70@minerva.amdahl.com>
Subject: Re: ROVER/B-O-P 3500/215 DISTRIBUTOR
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:32:59 -0400
John-

You should be able to buy a rebuilt 215 dizzy from any of the larger auto parts
companies, special order, 2-5 days. Try NAPA, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc.

D & D lists a rebuilt dizzy, including points, condenser, cap & rotor, with vac
advance for $75.00. I am sure Dan has several on hand.  810 798 2491.

The HEI will not clear your intake without cutting away part of the front
runner,
& using a button head bolt in place of the hex head mounting bolt at that point.
I have done it, but found that the HEI was too tall to clear the MG hood. The
dizzy came from a '70's Buick 350 V8.

Mallory & others make aftermarket dizzys, magnetic, optic, dual point, etc. Try
Summit for these.

Jim Stuart