Re: 215 V8

To: James R Bown <Bowan@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: 215 V8
From: "Lorne M. Goldman" <lmg@gomog.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 19:49:12 -0500
James R Bown wrote:

> I am interested in some dress up parts that will fit a 215 V8.  The one I
> have is from a 62 Buick.  Specifically I am looking for some die-cast valve
> cover that will fit.  Does any one know if valve covers that fit later Buick
> V8's will also fit the 62 215?  Will the Rover valve covers fit?
>
> Does anyone know of a hop-up manual for this engine?  Does Rover publish a
> hop-up manual for this engine?
>
> Regards,
> Jim Bown
> Bowan@uswest.net

Hardcastle has two books on the Rover/Buick 215, the noted one "Tuning
Rover V8 Engines and a larger one called simply The The Rover V8
Engine..both available online from  Amazon or Barnes & Noble. (There is
a Haynes Manual on Rover V8s)

Real Steel in England used to make an adapter which would allow any
small block Ford cover to fit and then you have a huge choice in the OEM
market. RPI (also in England) sells any type of fancy cover you would
want and you can take a look online http://www.rpiv8.com. In my case, I
found a good plating shop that had the patience to chrome the original
alloy covers...(chroming alloy is tedious) but they came out super.

Lastly, go take a look at the Specifically Plus 8 section of the GoMoG
site at http://www.gomog.com. There are some detailed articles on the
history of the Buick 215/ Rover V8 and what can be done to increase
their power...either reasonably or unreasonably.

Lorne