Re: Discovery engine any good?

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Discovery engine any good?
From: Duncan Hardy - Sun UK <Duncan.Hardy@UK.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:51:47 +0000 (GMT)
I've got an ex Discovery 3.9 in my Westfield.  I think all the Disco
engines are stiff-blocks.  Standard CR is 9.35.  You are right - it is
not tuned for revs, but chip and cam change with a lighter flywheel
is all it needs.  Biggest problem for new projects seems to be availability
of good 2WD gearboxes.  A new R380 is around US $2000.

Duncan